FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon's Digital Photo Pro to Photoshop Darkness issue

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Creighton Matthews
Canon's Digital Photo Pro to Photoshop Darkness issue
on Apr 23, 2010 at 4:09:20 pm

Good Day! I have a pressing matter concerning Canon's Digital Photo Pro RAW software and bringing it into photoshop CS2. I shoot a 50D so I have to use Canon's RAW software until I upgrade my version of Photoshop. I work in Adobe RGB in both applications, but when I use the "send to Photoshop" command and it opens up in Photoshop, the image is considerably darker. I have a screen grab here so you can see:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cr8on-m/4545477875/

Any enlightenment as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

-Creighton

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: Canon's Digital Photo Pro to Photoshop Darkness issue
on Apr 28, 2010 at 12:42:14 am

Yes, well Canon Digital Professional Software is superior to Photoshop once you get used to it.We still use Photoshop Elements 4 and have not had those issues, I suggest you get all the upgrades in the Canon Digital Professional and your Photoshop and see if it fixes your problem. Canon's Raw converter upgrade is better than Photoshop and we do 1,000's large images. Incidentally there is a RAW upgrade for Photoshop Elements 4 , so there should be one for your software ?

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Creighton Matthews
on Apr 28, 2010 at 12:37:02 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for replying. I actually figured out what my issue was. I had DPP referring to the wrong monitor profile. I had just recalibrated and didn't change the profile in DPP. Thanks also for the insight into Digital Photo Pro. Now that I have my calibration issue solved, I'll be using that for my RAW conversions. I have the most up to date version of Camera RAW for Photoshop CS2, but they quit making CS2 RAW updates in order to get folks to upgrade to CS3, CS4, or....I guess CS5 now. Anyway, thanks for responding and have a good day!

Creighton

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Apr 28, 2010 at 9:57:41 pm

Hi Creighton,

Sounds good to me, all the best.

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved