FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP plug in

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Froman
FCP plug in
on Apr 15, 2010 at 7:29:58 pm

I just downloaded the Canon plug-in E1 which provides log and transfer economy for Final Cut Pro. When I go to "Log and Transfer" for some sample files from the Compact Flash and follow the directions to go to "Preferences" and select "Canon DSLR" as my source, the only option I have is "Canon E1", and the "Target Format" availability is only "Apple ProRes 4444". I'm supposed to be able to choose "Canon DSLR" as my source and "Apple ProRes 422" as my Target Format.

Anyone out there tried that Canon/FCP plug-in with similar issues?

Return to posts index

Aaron Stewart
Re: FCP plug in
on Apr 15, 2010 at 8:42:53 pm

Yeah, under Canon E1, it should say "EOS Movie" and then across that "Apple ProRes 4444". Thats all fine.

But can you not click the "Apple ProRes 4444" and change it to whatever format you want? Mine changes fine, and I've been using it with no issues.

Aaron R. Stewart
arstewart@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Brad Froman
on Apr 15, 2010 at 8:56:42 pm

Well how do you like that? You're right, that's all I had to do. I didn't realize it was adjustable. Thanks!

I guess I just thought there was more of an issue since "Canon DSLR" was not listed, but "Canon E1" was there instead. But, what the heck, as long as it works as intended, right?

Thanks again, Aaron.

Return to posts index

Aaron Stewart
on Apr 15, 2010 at 9:00:26 pm

The plugin is called E1. So thats why that is there. Glad you got the drop down menu!

Aaron R. Stewart
arstewart@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]