FORUMS: list search recent posts

H264 mov files from Canon D Mark II

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Dix
H264 mov files from Canon D Mark II
on Mar 29, 2010 at 11:12:22 am

What is causing the mov. files from A Canon5D Mark II running @25fps to be Imported at 2.5 fps and the same for 30 fps to 2.97fps after Firmware 2.0.4 Up date ?
Yet, the same mov files open in Premiere Elements at the correct speed.
We have reinstalled Premiere Pro , and it does the same thing?

Any ideas.the camera is running correctly in the LCD ?

(Retired Canon CPS Member)
Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Aaron Stewart
Re: H264 mov files from Canon D Mark II
on Mar 29, 2010 at 11:59:37 am

Sounds odd.... does it say that if you open Quicktime and look at the video info?

Sounds like a metadata field somewhere isn't mapping correctly.

Aaron R. Stewart
arstewart@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Mar 29, 2010 at 1:00:49 pm

Aaron,

Quicktime says @25fps and Premiere Elements says 25 fps ,and Canon Zoom Browzer says 25fps but, it is an awfull editor; and both look smooth at 25 fps.That is why I do not think it is the camera ?

Premiere Pro says 2.5 fps ? And it looks terrible.

AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

Aaron Stewart
on Mar 29, 2010 at 7:09:17 pm

If you don't mind uploading a small file to MediaFire or similar file service I can download it and check it out... I've got CS4 as well as FCP. Sounds like Premiere is improperly recognizing the footage on import.

Aaron R. Stewart
arstewart@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:28:46 pm

Aaron,
Just sent MVI.3365.MOV 16.8mb, 3 sec clip via YouSendIt.This clip was Imported into Premiere Elements and Exported as an avig.avi 1440x1080 Uncompressed Video Format 8 bit YUV422 file and Imported into Premiere Pro and it played very smoothly.But, why when Imported into Premiere does it come in as 2.5fps ?

AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

cow
Aaron Stewart
on Mar 30, 2010 at 3:03:02 am

Interesting... on mine it comes through as 25fps both in Quicktime (and subsequently in FCP) as well as Premiere Pro CS4. No problems at all, plays fine.

Have you tried force-interpreting the footage in Premiere? (Select clip, File > Interpret Footage) then change the framerate manually to 25fps? I would assume that would fix the problem, but you shouldn't have to do that (obviously!)

I suspect that the root issue is that your version of Premiere is not interpreting the h.264's well anymore... might be an issue with the updated firmware and the version of Premiere you are using. You may have to interpret footage until someone addresses the problem, but that is quite the problem! What version of Premiere are you running?

Aaron R. Stewart
arstewart@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
on Apr 10, 2010 at 10:36:07 pm

Aaron,

You are right it is the old version of Premiere Pro 1.5.1(Cineform upgrade for HDV) and it was working perfectly well untill the Firmware upgrade for Canon ie., changing from 30 fps to 25 fps , now it does not want to know the H.264 MOV files at all.However, the mov. files do open in Premiere Elements (and no frame speed conversion is needed) which is a newer version and I will have to upgrade everthing to CS5 shortly.

AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]