FORUMS: list search recent posts

canon xl-1; it abruptly stops?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jesse wenger
canon xl-1; it abruptly stops?
on Mar 24, 2010 at 12:34:29 am

Our camcorder abruptly stops while it is recording. This is a big problem for us because we use it to tape the sermons at church.

The camera will suddenly stop, and shut off. the only way to get it to start recording again is to turn it off, eject the tape, put the tape back in, turn it on again and start recording again. This happened twice within one hour once.

We might have to use a head cleaner, I just wanted to make sure there weren't any other obvious issues that anyone else was aware of.

ALSO, we have it plugged in to the wall when we are using it. But the battery light flashes as if the battery is dying, it's not even drawing from the battery. We thought it might be a bad power adapter, so we bought a new one. Nope. We still have the same issue. I am wondering if the contacts on the camera (where they meet the power supply) are bad, or the springs underneath them might be bad,a nd the are not getting as strong as contact as they should.

I just want to avoid sending in it for a costly repair if it doesn't need to be sent in. The camcorder is a Canon XL-1.

Thanks in advance for any help or input.

Return to posts index

Bob Dix
Re: canon xl-1; it abruptly stops?
on Mar 26, 2010 at 9:45:38 pm

Phone only Canon Service Head tech for advice. he should know.But, we are in Australia.(The service out of Sydney is very good)

Freelance Imaging & Video
AUSTRALIA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]