FORUMS: list search recent posts

XH-A1 shooting a interview question

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonathan young
XH-A1 shooting a interview question
on Mar 22, 2010 at 5:46:36 am

I have a friend who just purchased a XH-A1 he has to shoot a interview this week, and although he has been playing with the camera to learn it, what is a popular setting that some of you experience users use to shoot interviews with good results ? I have a Panasonic and I am not familiar with the XH-A1, thanks

Return to posts index

wayne dupuis
Re: XH-A1 shooting a interview question
on Apr 9, 2010 at 8:20:09 pm

The camera can be set up in so many different ways, not an easy question to answer. Using the standard out of the box setting with a manual focus, on the close eye; and good soft lighting direct on the subject with a side light for the shoulders and head, is a good place to start.
Go to DVINFO.net http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/126811-xh-custom...
a good place to start.
I also like to use Wolfgang Winnies -3db setting; if you can find it.
Put a lapel mic on the talent (hide it under the shirt) and sit them down. Put a shotgun mic on a mic stand with a boom and point it straight down at the talents head just off camera.
This should give you two really good sources of audio and completely isolate it from most other noise.
I know this is late in coming sorry. Hope it helps for next time.
This camera is a great piece of kit. It should be good for quite a few years to come.
All the best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]