FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing from 2 different cameras

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Hottle
Capturing from 2 different cameras
on Mar 21, 2010 at 4:46:39 pm

I need to know if footage shot on a Canon XH-A1 can be captured on a lesser-quality camera such as a Vizio. Some of my XH-A1 footage has already been captured, but I failed to capture it all when I had the camera and now the XH-A1 is unavailable. Will the footage match that already captured from the XH-A1 or will the lesser camera create a noticeable quality loss between the two?

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Capturing from 2 different cameras
on Mar 21, 2010 at 5:57:48 pm

It's all ones and zeros... as long as the camera will play the tape (some non-Canon cameras won't, if the source footage was shot in Canon HDV 24f mode) then the signal coming in via firewire will be exactly the same. There will be no quality loss.

We often capture XLH1 footage with the uber-inexpensive HV20. Even though the "shooting" camera is pushing $10,000 and the "capture" camera is well in the sub-$1K neighborhood, the caputured video looks exactly the same, no matter which camera is being used as the source deck.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Robert Dix
on Mar 21, 2010 at 10:02:56 pm

I agree with Todd, we have used a Canon HV20 for three years as a vtr for editing clips from the Canon EOS 5D Mark II @ 1920 x 1080 in Premiere Pro with no loss of quality (PAL)

Australia

Return to posts index

Robert Dix
on Mar 21, 2010 at 10:34:26 pm

Canon Manuals state you can use a Canon HV 20 and I presume the Hv30 & Hv 40 to take clips from the XH- A1 ie., play and we do it continually after Export to Tape in Premiere Pro

Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]