FORUMS: list search recent posts

Event filming with EOS 7D

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Boojay
Event filming with EOS 7D
on Mar 18, 2010 at 3:35:01 pm

Here's a short event film shot on the Canon EOS 7D. Found it a bit difficult hand held, but seemed to work ok at 50fps. Anyone know of a good, cheap stabilizer for hand held shots at 25fps?

Really got the urge to make a film now with this 7D!

Return to posts index

Robert Dix
Re: Event filming with EOS 7D
on Mar 18, 2010 at 10:42:41 pm

Looks ok to me, we have been using a 5D Mark II for 6 months with a Canon EF28-135mm Image Stablised lens with the strap firmly held behind the neck.We were using a EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM but it was too heavy and not stablised. The EF 28-135 IS Lens is good for travel docs and the way to go.Frankly you can't see the difference in image quality between the lenses

Return to posts index

Aaron Stewart
on Mar 19, 2010 at 2:19:19 am

I've got my 7d on a monopod, with one strap around my neck to hold the monopod up, makes the camera rest about eye-level, then the strap from the camera tightened directly around my neck. Might look a bit funny, but hey, it gets the job done.

My ZoomH4n came with this little plastic handle, which I'll also use on the 7d sometimes... that works pretty well. You could also check out cage systems, those might help. Looks good though! Love the shots of the people watching films in the theater.

Aaron R. Stewart
arstewart@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Dave Duggan
on May 30, 2010 at 11:38:49 am

Hi,
I have shot informal gigs with 17-55mm IS lens, elbows resting on table. Camera movement was barely perceptible, though don't know how panning is affected by the IS. This is not necessarily the cheap option you were looking for!
What is the catchy soundtrack used?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]