FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon Rebel xti not recognized by iPhoto

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Teresa Brown
Canon Rebel xti not recognized by iPhoto
on Mar 13, 2010 at 10:29:02 pm

I purchased an 8GB memory card for my Canon Rebel xti for use on trips where daily computer transfers of photos isn't feasible. However, iPhoto 6.0.6 on my MacPro isn't uploading any of the 1500 photos from this new SanDisk memory card. I've never had any trouble with the 1GB ProMaster card used previously except it's limited capacity for daily shooting.

I have been able to upload these images to my daughter's MacBook through iPhoto 7.1.5 which isn't available for my own computer. I will have to transfer these through a flash drive between the computers. This will not be a workable long-term solution as the laptop isn't readily available to me. Any suggestions what the issue might be with upload through my MacPro?

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: Canon Rebel xti not recognized by iPhoto
on Mar 15, 2010 at 8:47:44 pm

Just to make sure, you run software update regularly, right? It's worth the investment to put ilife 09 on your mac pro as well as your daughters macbook. The faces features really make a big difference, plus there are a slew of changes from version 6 to version 8.
It may be that the camera doesn't work with version 6 of iphoto (which is a 4 or 5 year old program).

Or, the easiest solution might be to make sure your iphoto preferences are set for 'connect camera opens "iphoto"'.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]