FORUMS: list search recent posts

battery charger prices

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Fass
battery charger prices
on Feb 21, 2010 at 1:19:16 am

The charger that came with my Canon XL H1 is MIA. My replacement choices range from approx. $5.00 generics to mid-priced ($40.00 or so), up to the original Canon at over $100.

What's the sweet spot here? I don't want to pay a lot for the Canon logo, but I don't want to ruin my batteries either.

Is there a 3rd party brand or online store that you'd trust? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Mueller
Re: battery charger prices
on Feb 21, 2010 at 7:20:51 pm

Just as an FYI, I bought one of the ultra cheepo units to carry as a back-up and DC charger, it is the "Zeikos ZE-CH945 Battery Charger for Canon 945" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001T9N10C/ref=oss_product

It does charge the batteries and for my purposes is fine, however, it does not appear to vary the charge rate or to shut off at full charge (although I've been loath to leave the batts on too long, so I'm not positive of that, there was no documentation with it). It weighs about 10% of what the Canon charger weighs so obviously is missing a lot of circuitry. To my mind it's just a raw battery charger, so if you have good batteries you want to protect, you need a smart charger. On the otherhand, if you're using knock-off batteries anyway and need a cheap solution, it does work.

Jeff Mueller
http://www.ApertureVideos.com
Santa Barbara, CA

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Feb 22, 2010 at 2:00:01 am

You've invested in an expensive, high tech piece of equipment. Don't ruin it by compromising on the charger/ac adapter. Get another Canon original.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com

Return to posts index

Philip Fass
on Feb 22, 2010 at 11:06:26 am

Thank you all. Last night I grabbed a box of blank DVDs off a high shelf, and guess what was behind it?! But this will be very helpful if/when I lose it again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]