FORUMS: list search recent posts

Letus Mini & the HV 30

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Hahn
Letus Mini & the HV 30
on Feb 16, 2010 at 11:00:54 pm

Hello!

I did some searches for answers to my question here and couldn't find anything so I thought I'd just put up a new post and see if anyone could help me out.

I'm interested in purchasing a Letus Mini kit from letusdirect.com. I have a couple of questions, but the forums at Letus seem to be down for an upgrade so I came over to the COW to bug the experts here.

First question:
I plan on getting the rod support system so as to lessen any strain from simply mounting the Letus Mini adapter to my camera directly. However, I currently have a Beachtek DXA-4 audio adapter mounted to the bottom of the camera and I was wondering if anyone knew if and how this might conflict with the rod support system that Letus offers.

Second question:
This will be my first 35mm lens adapter and I'm a bit confused by the various lens mounting options. Is there a universal mount option? To start, we're planning on mounting some Canon EF lenses so should I be purchasing the specific Canon mount? I know this seems like I've already answered my own question, but I guess I just wanted to confirm that there wasn't a more economical and universal mount option.

I really appreciate any help anyone can offer regarding this question. I would also love to hear any general comments regarding the Letus Mini.

Thanks!

-Tim

~~~
Tim Hahn
tkhahn@gmail.com

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Todd Terry
Re: Letus Mini & the HV 30
on Feb 16, 2010 at 11:22:56 pm

[Tim Hahn] "Is there a universal mount option?"

No, you'll need a specific mount (or mounts) for the DoF converter depending on which lenses you have. The most common ones you see on DoF converters are Canon and Nikon mounts for those with Canon or Nikkor SLR lenses. The most common one for users with pro cine lenses is the PL mount.

Be advised that if you decide to go with SLR lenses, be sure you get ones that have a full manual function, where you can control focus and iris with the lens barrel rings. Many SLR lenses rely on connections with the camera body for these functions, and you don't want those, obviously. They have to work manually.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Tim Hahn
Re: Letus Mini & the HV 30
on Feb 16, 2010 at 11:33:23 pm

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply!

~~~
Tim Hahn
tkhahn@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>