FORUMS: list search recent posts

GL-2 and glow sticks

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Johnson
GL-2 and glow sticks
on Feb 11, 2010 at 12:24:37 am

Hi all,

I'm going to be doing some test shoots with some glow sticks for a client but they're had incredibly bad luck with getting the glow sticks to turn out good on camera - hence why they're hiring someone

Wondering if anyone has had any experience in any similar situations and would have any tips?

They've particularly had issues with red glow sticks, and I've experience some issue shooting concerts with really hot red lights...

Just wondering if there's any basic tips I could use to make sure the glow stick and people using them are well lit or showcased

thanks!

Return to posts index

Hunter Mossman
Re: GL-2 and glow sticks
on Feb 11, 2010 at 10:33:06 am

It would help if we knew a bit more about what kind of test shots you'll be doing. How exactly are the people using the glow sticks? Is this for a glow stick company? Are people dancing with them in there hands? etc. Can you use any glow stick brand? Or are you stuck with one in particular.

Hunter Mossman
Director of Photography
http://www.huntermossman.com

Return to posts index

Nicholas Johnson
on Feb 11, 2010 at 6:31:12 pm

ah the hope is to try out 3 scenes:

bar/club scene using LED ice cubes
paddling canoes in the dark with LED or glow sticks
camping/outdoor safety scene with glowsticks

The idea is the company wants to see if I can shoot their product in an effective way (so the glowsticks look great on camera) - so its a test shoot to see if I can do what they need

They have just said in the past they couldn't get a good light balance with the glow sticks and people both displayed well.

I'm only shooting with a GL2 but I know they're decent in low light

I will likely be shooting in dark scenes, outside, or near-dusk situations to get a good glow effect

Return to posts index

Thax Clave
on Feb 17, 2010 at 10:02:29 pm

[Nicholas Johnson] "I'm only shooting with a GL2 but I know they're decent in low light "

Not really, in my experience.

There are far better camera for low-light shooting.

You might want to rent another camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]