FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to edit Vixia HFS 10 in FCP

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Meehan
Trying to edit Vixia HFS 10 in FCP
on Feb 6, 2010 at 6:45:09 pm

Hello All,

I've recently been given footage from the Vixia HFS 10 HD cam, and I'm running into issues with FCP being able to handle the files. I know that I either need to convert it using a software, or through FCP if I have a recent enough version. The issue is : I was told that so long as you have FCP 6.0 or higher, Log and Transfer should be able to take the .mts files and transcode them to ProRes. When I attempt to do so on a version that's most definitely above 6.0, it tells me it's unreadable. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone know the solution or at least a reliable converter to get the files into a format the FCP can play with?

Thanks!

Sean Meehan

Return to posts index

marcel franck
Re: Trying to edit Vixia HFS 10 in FCP
on Feb 7, 2010 at 12:55:13 am

I believe you need at least fcp 6.0.2 to transcode avchd to prorez...i have a hf-s100 and it works perfect thru log and transfer...i'm running 7.0.1 with snow lep...good luck

Producer - Director - Editor
marcel@newcity.tv
FCP 7.0.1 OS 10.6.1
CANON 7D 3.0 MBP 10.6.1 4GIGS RAM 1TB SONNET FUSION F2 ESATA
PPC G5 DUAL 2GIG, 6 GIGS RAM, AJA IO, 2TB SATA2 FCP 6.0.5 OS 10.4.11
OS 10.4.11
FCP 7 & 6.0.5
Ae 6.5 CS3 Ps,Ai,Ae

Return to posts index

Ken Jones
Re: Trying to edit Vixia HFS 10 in FCP
on Feb 21, 2010 at 8:01:55 pm

I do not know if this is true, but I had heard it needed to be 6.0.6 for AVCHD to ProRes.
Why don't you go ahead and run software update to upgrade to the most recent version of FCP 6? It doesn't cost anything to upgrade to 6.0.6.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]