FORUMS: list search recent posts

XHA1S & tethering FW cable/SD+HDV simultaneous?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Gordon
XHA1S & tethering FW cable/SD+HDV simultaneous?
on Jan 29, 2010 at 5:02:15 pm

Hi folks - I have 2 questions:

Will be shooting a live broadcast on the X-HA1S and outputting via Firewire for a live stream broadcast.

1) Any tips/tricks for tethering the FW cable to the Camera so that it doesn't accidentally pop out?

2) Also, the stream requires an SD DV Firewire output, but I would love to record to tape HDV 1080i
for posterity. Is this possible? I know its a long-shot but worth asking.

Thanks for your help.
Jesse Gordon

Return to posts index

Martin Vincent
Re: XHA1S & tethering FW cable/SD+HDV simultaneous?
on Mar 3, 2010 at 11:32:37 pm

Loop it and tie wrap the lower end to you tripod head

Xtreme Productions

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: XHA1S & tethering FW cable/SD+HDV simultaneous?
on Mar 4, 2010 at 12:50:15 am

I can't speak to the XHA1S exactly, as I use it's bigger brother the XLH1. But while physically much different, electronically they are virtually identical cameras so the advice probably holds.

Within the cameras menu you can set/assign the DV output choices. I'm not in studio now so I can't check, but if memory serves the choices are something like automatic/SD/HD.

When set on automatic, the camera will play back whatever format the tape is shot on. But, if set to SD and you have an HDV recorded tape in the camera, when you play back it downconverts the firewire output to standard def (keeping in mind that it is still anamorphic widescreen).

Now, all that being said... that output conversion is for taped footage that has already been recorded, and just using the camera as a playback device. I don't know if the downcoversion will work when the camera is used for live output... but it might. On the plus side, at least there is a setting which you can try. I don't know if it will work, but it's better than no options at all.

You'll just have to make that menu adjustment... and give it a test drive.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]