FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 7D and double system recording using mixer and audio recorder

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence
Canon 7D and double system recording using mixer and audio recorder
on Jan 27, 2010 at 11:12:53 pm

Hello,

I'm entertaining the idea of using dual system audio recording with the Canon EOS 7D camera. I would record from a shotgun mic and mixer to an audio recorder.

I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on recording devices and what is important when evaluating them. My preference would be one with XLR inputs. I've been looking at the Zoom H4n and the Tascam DR-100.

Cheers,

Lawrence

Return to posts index

Scott Smith
Re: Canon 7D and double system recording using mixer and audio recorder
on Feb 11, 2010 at 10:29:41 pm

I record separate audio frequently, and really like the Edirol R-44. I had to have something that recorded 4 channels, and this does it well. I had the older model, R-4, and it worked fairly well, although I thought the preamps were a bit noisy. They are much cleaner with the R-44, and the unit is half the size.

There are cheaper solutions, and some much more expensive ones. But this one at right under $1000 is a lot of recording for your money. 4 channels of audio on XLR's, provides phantom power, will do balanced line level, you can stack them together if you need 8 channels, nice monitoring output, records on SD-HC cards.

Return to posts index

Scott Smith
Re: Canon 7D and double system recording using mixer and audio recorder
on Feb 11, 2010 at 10:32:46 pm

Also, since this is 4 inputs, and you have pots to control input levels, this eliminates your need for a mixer. Mix it in post!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]