FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xh A1 log and Capture FCP

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john shand
Xh A1 log and Capture FCP
on Jan 18, 2010 at 10:57:12 pm

Hello,
I have a really annoying issue with my new Xh a1.
I have been trying to log footage that was shot in HDV 25F.
I either want the option of logging the footage into HDV or downgrade the HD footage to DV.

When i open up Final cut it says my camera is not connected.
But when i open Imovie it can detect it, only when i have selected the downgrade to dv option on my camera (probably because i havnt got imovie HD)
My point is, why can imovie automatically detect my camera when FCP can't pick anything up.

Thanks John Shand

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Xh A1 log and Capture FCP
on Jan 20, 2010 at 6:35:47 am

First of all, make sure you don't have any other FW devices connected when your camera is. Canons don't usually like to share with others.

To start, connect your (turned off) camera via FW then turn it on, then start FCP. Choose Easy Setups and find the HDV 1080 25F preset. Make sure it says "VTR OK" in the log and transfer window then you're set.

- Don

Return to posts index

Donna Valenti
on Jan 27, 2010 at 2:16:44 pm

john- i have the same camera, and have been told by the guys at the apple store that if final cut doesn't recognize the camera, try again by powering down final cut, connecting camera first, then open final cut. that should solve problem.

Donna V.

Return to posts index

Erik Peterson
on Feb 12, 2010 at 5:58:55 am

The above does work but can be a real pain. I had many issues getting connected and found the following to always work. I use a firewire external hdd connected via firewire 800 from my mac to the drive. Then from the back of the drive I use 400 to 400 to the cam. Always works no issues with shutting down restarting ect.

Return to posts index

Martin Vincent
on Mar 3, 2010 at 11:51:09 pm

When I get this issue with both my Canon camera, I just play a bit of footage so the camera switch mode according to the current footage setup 24F 30F 60i. After that FCP recognize the camcorder.

Xtreme Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]