FORUMS: list search recent posts

Outputting Canon 5D from Final Cut as quick as possible

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katie Covell
Outputting Canon 5D from Final Cut as quick as possible
on Jan 12, 2010 at 4:06:53 pm

Hi,

I'm editing a documentary using Canon 5D in Final Cut. Yesterday I converted the footage to Apple Pro Res and then synced the audio and created TC. Now I need to output all the clips for our story producer so she can watch the footage to put the script together.

The problem: ITS TAKING FOREVER. I put each of the interview clips, all about 10 minutes long, on separate timelines and then sent them to compressor. Here I figured the fastest way to output would be to just keep the apple pro res 422 settings that I originally converted the files to. Um, I guess not because it's been going overnight for about 6 hours and it says it's going to take 8 hours more.

The picture doesn't have to be perfect, it's just for notes. Is there a faster way?

Thanks for your advice,
Katie

Return to posts index

Aaron Stewart
Re: Outputting Canon 5D from Final Cut as quick as possible
on Jan 12, 2010 at 6:27:01 pm

Shouldn't take that long if the clips are already ProRes. What are the system specs you are working on?

Just so I get this right, you've already converted the clips to ProRes, have them in separate timelines, and are outputting them with embedded TC (from timeline) or do you have an overlay on the video of TC and Final Cut is rendering that too when outputting?

Aaron R. Stewart
arstewart@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]