FORUMS: list search recent posts

EVF display appears over captured footage.

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Jones
EVF display appears over captured footage.
on Dec 28, 2009 at 2:03:56 pm

I just filmed a wedding on an XL1s. When I captured the footage, the time-code along with all the camera settings appears over the captured footage. This is the first time this has happened and I've captured footage from this camera numerous times. And new guy was using this camera and he may have pressed something to permanently stamp this info on the footage. Or maybe there is a way to keep it from being transferred when I capture it. Did I just loose my back camera footage or is there a way to turn this off?

BTW I'm capturing on a GL2 because the dv out on the XL1s is shot.

Return to posts index

Daniel Jones
Re: EVF display appears over captured footage on XL1
on Dec 28, 2009 at 6:35:40 pm

Anybody?

Return to posts index

Wynn Winberg
on Dec 29, 2009 at 3:28:25 am

I have an XL1s but have not used it in quite a while. I seem to remember that there is a menu item which does in fact stamp the camera info over the video, which struck me as insane. So you may be screwed –but I don't know for sure, as the camera is offsite, so I can't check.

817-640-9955

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Dec 29, 2009 at 3:48:56 pm

I dug out my XL1 manual, and while I couldn't find any mention in it there... I did see in other non-COW forums a couple of posts with reference to a "permanent burn mode" for date/timecode... mentioned as being useful for legal videographers who need a timecode stamp that can't be removed or altered.

If that's the case, you might be stuck with it.

Are you using the XL1 as a source deck into your NLE? And if so, are you taking the firewire signal in? If not, and you are ingesting video via the composite or S-video outputs on the camera, you might be able to turn that off if it is not a "permanent burn" mode thing. You could try toggling on/off the "on screen display." With the XL1 turning this on and off must be done with the camera's remote control (or as Canon calls it, the "Remote Commander")... it can't be toggled on/off on the camera itself, you have to use the remote.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Jones
on Dec 29, 2009 at 4:30:09 pm

Thanks for responding guys. I did capture via dv on a different cameara. And I did try using the feature that toggles the camera data on and off. Didn't work. I think I just may be stuck with it. But for future reference, I'd like to find out what my cameraman pressed to burn the data to the footage. I'd like to be able to see my settings while recording without being stuck with them on my footage.

Ideas?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]