FORUMS: list search recent posts

7D to Final Render, Windows Workflow

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kurt Larson
7D to Final Render, Windows Workflow
on Dec 28, 2009 at 1:21:31 am

Hey guys I’ve been working with a 5DM2 and am planning on buying a 7D. I have read and watched a lot of articles and tutorials about 7D workflows, but the problem is that they are for Mac and FCP users. Before you ask no switching to mac is not an option.  I’m a windows user who has access to Vegas and Premiere Pro. I was wondering if anyone has a workflow/tutorial that shows from the 7D native to the final edited render. I don’t have money to buy neoscene, so I’ve been looking at mpeg streamclip. I want this to be a high quality render for vimeo and dvd’s. Also what are some advantages to using Vegas or Premiere Pro.

Return to posts index

Aaron Stewart
Re: 7D to Final Render, Windows Workflow
on Dec 29, 2009 at 8:23:27 pm

You should be able to use MPEG Streamclip to transcode the 7D footage to a usable format (such as DVCProHD) and then use in Premiere Pro. Or Adobe Media Encoder should do it as well. But MPEG Streamclip would probably be your best option (hey, I'm on a Mac and I use that over Compressor). Once you get the footage in a more edit-friendly format (DVCProHD or XDCam), then you can edit and output in Premiere or Vegas.

Aaron R. Stewart
arstewart@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Kurt Larson
on Dec 29, 2009 at 10:57:21 pm

what would you sugest as a final output for vimeo? or for a dvd to share

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Dec 30, 2009 at 6:27:24 am

For Vimeo, simply follow their compression guidelines link for mp4's.

Return to posts index

Aaron Stewart
on Dec 30, 2009 at 6:15:36 pm

The output file could be a DVCProHD file that you then compress for Vimeo:

Premiere Pro:
http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2007/12/08/exporting-with-adobe-premiere-in-7...

Vegas:
http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2007/11/09/exporting-with-vegas-for-vimeo-hd/

You can also output direct to DVD through the timeline in Premiere, or send it to Adobe Encore for more advanced menus, etc.

Just keep in mind, DVCProHD will take up a lot of room compared to the H264s that the 7d shoots, so make sure hard drive space is a plenty... you could always go to a format like XDCAM HD, but I recommend the DVCProHD route as its just easier to deal with all around.

Aaron R. Stewart
arstewart@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]