FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turning Off EVF display while live capturing - XL1

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde villegas
Turning Off EVF display while live capturing - XL1
on Dec 26, 2009 at 6:29:22 am

While shooting my XL1, I'd like to capture straight to my editing system using video composite cable. I'd like to turn off the time-code display (and other indicators) in my view finder so that they won't appear in my captured footages. I tried pressing the EVF Display button to turn them off. All the texts at the left of the screen are gone, but everything at the right (like the time code and battery level indicator) is still there. How do I turn them all off? Thanks!

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Turning Off EVF display while live capturing - XL1
on Dec 26, 2009 at 7:24:29 am

On your camera's remote control there is a button (I think it's labeled "OSD," but I haven't seen it in a long time and don't remember) that toggles the on-screen display on and off.

If memory serves, you must use the external remote to turn off the viewfinder data from being displayed on the various video outputs... there are no controls on the camera itself that will turn it off.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Jones
on Dec 28, 2009 at 2:16:00 am

I've got a related question. I just recorded a wedding on an xl1s. When I tried to capture the footage, the timecode along with the camera settings appears over the footage. This is the first time this has happened. Is there a setting on the camera that stamps this info on the footage permanently?

I'm capturing on a gl2 because the dv out on the xl1 is shot.

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Dec 28, 2009 at 5:20:40 am

Thanks a lot Todd. I'll try that... but first I'll have to find the remote. Haven't seen it in years...

Happy new year!

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Dec 28, 2009 at 6:37:34 am

[clyde villegas] "first I'll have to find the remote."

I know the feeling, Clyde. I have and XL1 but haven't used it much in the last few years... I recall the last time we needed to use it sans on-screen display there was quite a search for the remote before it finally turned up.

Good luck with the hunt...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]