FORUMS: list search recent posts

7D LCD off on proximity, and some focus questions...

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
7D LCD off on proximity, and some focus questions...
on Dec 2, 2009 at 6:36:34 pm

I moved up to the 7D from an old XTi, and one cool thing the XTi had was, when you put your eye to the viewfinder, the LCD screen would automatically shut off and switch to viewfinder. I cannot for the life of me recreate this behavior on the 7D. Does anyone know how to set the 7D to do this? I'm thinking that, for whatever reason, it's not possible.

Here's another thing - this Live View on the LCD is great, but when using quick AF, the LCD shuts off and switches to viewfinder, focuses quickly, and then switches back to LCD - why can't it stay on the LCD for this process? When focusing on AF Live, the 7D stays in LCD mode (which forces the viewfinder off, doh), and it seems like autofocus takes forever. AF "L" is no better. The reason I say it takes forever is because no matter how close you are to the focus you want, the focus ring has to go all the way in the opposite direction before it realizes it was close already. There were reports of autofocus problems with some of the first 7D's on the market - is this the problem people were having? Is this a problem, or just me being whiney?

Thanks all,
John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]