FORUMS: list search recent posts

A1100is Computer does not detect camera

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chuck berke
A1100is Computer does not detect camera
on Nov 21, 2009 at 4:14:16 pm

Hi. Not technically inclined at all. (too Old) I just bought the camera and followed instructions to the "T". Installed software and connected camera to the computer as instructed. The "ding dong" sound is there but no recognition by the screen. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks, Granpa

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: A1100is Computer does not detect camera
on Nov 22, 2009 at 9:49:17 am

What's an A1100IS?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

chuck berke
on Nov 22, 2009 at 3:35:15 pm

Sorry, I thought that I was in a forum that only discussed Canon cameras. That is what it is. The name "power shot" precedes that model description.

Return to posts index

chuck berke
on Nov 22, 2009 at 7:37:09 pm

Mystery solved. It was not the camera that is problem, it is the computer. I still feel as if it is a beast but it is 4-5 years old and apparently doesn't have the horse power to handle that itty bitty camera. I took the camera to a friend and his computer (much newer) handled it fine. For educational purposes; If you remove the memory card from the camera and plug that in by itself the older computer can deal with it and you can proceed normally. Thanks for your interest. Granpa

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 23, 2009 at 12:19:54 am

Are you using an editing program as well? Such as Premiere, Vegas, FCP, etc. That might be a way to import the footage directly there as well.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]