FORUMS: list search recent posts

5DtoFCP Complete FCS Workflow for getting Canon HD Footage into Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Wiggins
5DtoFCP Complete FCS Workflow for getting Canon HD Footage into Final Cut Pro
on Nov 20, 2009 at 4:43:57 pm

All,

Please take a look at 5DtoFCP, a complete FCS workflow designed to help editors get the slightly odd H264 files into a 25fps edit

5DtoFCP details

Should it prove popular, I'll make a dropframe version too.

Oh by the way, it is completely free!

Peter

Return to posts index

Chandler Kauffman
Re: 5DtoFCP Complete FCS Workflow for getting Canon HD Footage into Final Cut Pro
on Nov 20, 2009 at 6:26:57 pm

These are great, thanks for putting them out there. Stupid question: how do I import them into Compressor as Custom Settings? Thought draging and dropping would do it but no dice.
Thanks

Sony EX1
Canon 5d mark 2
FCP 6.06

Return to posts index

Tarik Sykes
Re: 5DtoFCP Complete FCS Workflow for getting Canon HD Footage into Final Cut Pro
on Nov 21, 2009 at 11:11:05 am

Hi,

Does this work flow work with canon 7d as well? Have been looking into this cam!

Make Vids. :) All Day and All Night

Billet Video Studios(my production company)
theWEBcentric (Freelance Video work)
I love Nike Shoes

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Nov 21, 2009 at 1:49:44 pm

Yes it will convert the 7D as well although you will probably have set the correct framerate already.

Peter

Return to posts index

Chandler Kauffman
on Nov 21, 2009 at 8:12:21 pm

Any chance of a 24fps conversion to XDCAM 1080P?

Sony EX1
Canon 5d mark 2
FCP 6.06

Return to posts index

Julius Miller
on Dec 1, 2009 at 11:46:15 pm

Sorry for the potentially silly question but will this work for cameras like the Canon HFS10??? Thanks...

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Dec 3, 2009 at 7:55:59 pm

Looks interesting. Does it work for a large number of clips in compressor? I have the 7D and compressor crashes if I try to convert using apple's presets.

This is another company that has a software called streamclip that is also free. It already has all the formats, links all of your clips into one clip if you desire, etc.

This is the link to a former post about this.
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/59/858448

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Video.com

Return to posts index

Trevor Fernando
on Jan 10, 2010 at 8:14:55 am

Hey Peter,

I'm trying to use this droplet with my 7D footage...which was set to 23.98p, 1080p.

I loaded the compressor file from your "5DtoFCP 1080p Realtime" Droplet into my custom presets folder in Compressor, and I edited the file so it was set to 23.98p instead of 25p, and then I generated a new droplet to use. I also edited the sequence file you provided so that it was 23.98.

The main difference between this codec and the original ProRes preset in Compressor, is the Frame Controls are set to "On", with the Retiming, Resize and Deinterlace filters set with various settings. My question is, are these settings optimized for 5D footage...or do the frame control settings work fine with 7D? Is there a specific reason you chose the Deinterlace to be on Fast instead of Better or Best? What do the Retiming and Resize filters do? If these settings are the ideal settings for 7D, then I'll just use this droplet with the adjusted fps...or if not, I suppose I can just make a droplet from the "ProRes 422 for Progressive Material" codec, if that would work better. I did notice the file size from a file compressed with your droplet was very slightly smaller than from the default Apple ProRes codec...I don't know if this affects quality or not. Any advice?

Thanks!

Trevor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]