FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XH-A1 End Search Issue

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Nguyen
Canon XH-A1 End Search Issue
on Nov 12, 2009 at 5:44:35 pm

hi i have a canon xh-a1.

when i am in vcr mode to review footage that i had just shot, i press the end search to jam sync. a few weeks ago it worked fine, but now when i press end search, i see the end search symbol show that looks like " >| " in white color and it rewinds, and previews x1 before it stops at the end of the tape..

now when i do it, the " >| " symbol just blinks and is red in color.

has anyone had this problem and been able to solve it?

thanks

Christopher
Digital Media Arts: Television Production
California State University Dominguez Hills

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: Canon XH-A1 End Search Issue
on Nov 16, 2009 at 9:49:31 am

I've never had a need to use that function, but I'm reasonably sure that it only works on the current tape that's being recorded. Meaning you can't just insert any previously recorded tape & have end search work.

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Nov 16, 2009 at 3:39:20 pm

Is this for footage that you have just shot? Or a tape that you have shot sometime back that you are now trying to "end search"?

Canon's end-search function is only applicable to the current tape that you are shooting on right now. If you change tapes, then go back to the first one, you will no longer be able to end search. Or even if you just remove the tape and put it right back in. The camera only "remembers" the end point as long as the same tape has been left undisturbed in the camera.

I'm not sure, but I don't believe this is a Canon anomaly. We haven't shot with them in a while (and frankly I never used the "end search" function), but I think our Sony DRS-series cameras operate in the same way.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Christopher Nguyen
on Nov 16, 2009 at 3:45:01 pm

Thanks. I kinda figured that was the case. So it's not really a true JAM SYNC feature huh?

Christopher
Digital Media Arts: Television Production
California State University Dominguez Hills

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]