FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie to editing 5d footge in final cut pro. what sequence settings should i use?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kurt hudson
Newbie to editing 5d footge in final cut pro. what sequence settings should i use?
on Nov 11, 2009 at 4:28:56 pm

Everytime I change the sequence settings to clip settings the video plays without having to render but its choppy as hell... but when I change to apple pro res HQ I have to render 20 minutes each clip but they play fine... how do I set the sequence settings to where the video plays smooth without having to render each time? Thanks!!!!

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
Re: Newbie to editing 5d footge in final cut pro. what sequence settings should i use?
on Nov 11, 2009 at 7:14:28 pm

Check out my post below. There is a link to free software for converting your 5D footage.

Even though the footage is .MOV, Final Cut uses ProRes for HD editing. That is Apple's preferred codec. You'll have to convert the footage using the software to proRes, then you won't have to render and it'll perform as it should.

You can also use Compressor, but there are many issues with Compressor crashing with trying to convert the files.

You can edit in iMovie the files as they are, right out of the camera.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Video.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]