FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XL1 - Need help fixing image

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramon Montes
Canon XL1 - Need help fixing image
on Nov 6, 2009 at 4:06:10 pm

I filmed a video with a green screen in the background and when I downloaded to view the film, the quality of the video came out awful. A home camcorder has better quality. Not sure what to do. I've also tried filming it with a white background, but I still get the same look and feel.

Here's a small clip:

I'm aware there are softwares that change a standard video to an HD, but those things are crap. I've tried two companies and they barely made any improvements.

I'm new to all this, so I have other questions:

-When downloading the video, I save it as an AVI because .MOV makes the quality worse. Does this happen to you?

-Is there any way I can make improvements to the quality in Adobe After Effects?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: Canon XL1 - Need help fixing image
on Nov 7, 2009 at 10:19:33 am

need a lot more info than what you've given (it's like leaving a mechanic voice mail, telling him your car doesn't run well and asking if he can repair it).

from what I can tell, this green screen shot isn't anywhere near properly lit (talent is about as flat as can be). No matter what camera a green screen scene is shot with, poor lighting will make it nasty & unusable.

Btw, I prefer QT over AVI any day. Must also be your render settings also in conjunction with what's mentioned above.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]