FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XL-1 repair

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Mueller
Canon XL-1 repair
on Nov 3, 2009 at 11:03:39 pm

Has anyone sent an XL-1 back to Canon for service? I have one that's pretty old and has never been serviced. I used to do stringer work for the weather channel, so it's been through the ringer a few times and its starting to show head clogging, tape alignment and backfocus issues, plus the lenses could stand some work too.

My real question is if anyone has an idea what kind of money I should expect to spend on repairs. I just don't want to be shocked when I get the estimate.

Also if there are other reputable places to send it for repair, I'd love to know.

Tony Mueller
Senior Editor
STL TV

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
Re: Canon XL-1 repair
on Nov 4, 2009 at 5:21:16 pm

I also have an original XL-1 that I've been using since 1999, and it's still going strong. I've had it in twice during that time, once when condensation fried the main circuit board on an Amazon rainforest assignment and once when I broke the headphone jack. Anyway, Canon no longer supports this camcorder at it's factory service centers. You should seek out a local camera/camcorder repair facility. Assuming you only need a standard cleaning and alignment, the bil should come to somewhere between $250 - $500.00.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]