FORUMS: list search recent posts

XHA1 may need service...

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Alber
XHA1 may need service...
on Oct 30, 2009 at 2:59:12 am

Hi everyone.

I shot some video on my Canon XHA1 recently and some of the footage came out orange and some blue. I'm not sure, but I think one of the CCDs is beginning to fail. I captured the video into FCP and looked at the parade and the blues increase and decrease in cycles.

I've tried to reproduce the problem without success.

B&H sold me an extended warranty through Sage Max. I contacted them and they scheduled the service with Lifetime Service Center in NY.

Do any of you folks have experience with Lifetime Service Center? If one of my CCDs is failing, what kind of turn around can I expect?

-nathan

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: XHA1 may need service...
on Oct 31, 2009 at 7:20:59 am

Sorry to mention the obvious... but could this simply be a white balance issue? (daylight balanced, shooting inside=orange... indoor balanced, shooting outside=blue, etc.) Then again it could be something else altogether.

Return to posts index

Nathan Alber
on Oct 31, 2009 at 1:05:07 pm

I thought it was operator error at first (that is, while i was shooting the video). But the colors were changing every 3-4 seconds without changing the locations.

Return to posts index

Conrad Wade
on Nov 4, 2009 at 10:16:42 pm

if you send it to the mothership, will you reply to this post with the diagnoses and what sage did about it ? i have the same sage insurance on this camera.

i had a CCD go bad once on my old pd-170, and it was super psychedelic. the color looked super far out.. not an effect that could be created with white balance.

-------
Aloha - buzz me @ ( eight O eight ) 7twoTHREE - four1sixONE
-------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]