FORUMS: list search recent posts

The Best Video Editing program for Canon HFS 100 ( or MTS Files )

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Phongphachone
The Best Video Editing program for Canon HFS 100 ( or MTS Files )
on Oct 27, 2009 at 3:15:30 am

Hi there. I just wanted to share my experience on selecting a suitable video editing program for use with the Canon HF S100. For the past two months, I have been trying to edit 4 hours of HD vacation footage taken by my Canon ( recorded at 1920x1080, 24MBS, MTS File ) and burn them onto blu ray disc. Needless to say, it has been a gigantic learning experience and frustrated moments.

I have tried so many programs, waited hours for rendering, went thru tons of video comparisons, and read so many other forums. What I have concluded, and decided to redo my project( after a somewhat lengthy relationship with Corel Video Studio Pro ) on Cyberlink Power Director. Though I have not tested other popular programs such as Vegas or Adobe, by far, Cyberlink is the best program for I need and my budget.

The root of the problem is the MTS File format within AVCHD. This is the raw file produced by most of these Canon Camcorders. Not many programs can handle its complex nature and MTS looks bad when converted to other formats, not to mention the preview screen are often choppy and freezes. After editing my project, I found out the only format that have work well is MPEG 2 ( and maintain the 1920x1080 Full HD ). In particular, MPEG 2 specifically processed from Cyberlink. The same converted files from Corel Video Studio looked great but there were still some " pixelation " on the images, aside from the other program issues. I've also notice that rendering is way faster in Cyberlink. Please also keep in mind that your computer and graphics card must also be up to par.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]