FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XL2 Lens

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Kessel
Canon XL2 Lens
on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:25:03 am

Hi gang,
I'm hoping someone can help me or shed some light for me. I purchased the XL2 about a year ago, to replace my XL1S. It's been a good camera so far, but recently I've noticed something that really concerns me. My (small) production company has been hired to shoot a local teen full contact football league. I've noticed that at times, it seems as if the lens "shifts" just a tiny bit when focusing on the players. At first I thought it was just my imagination, but no. Sometimes the image will shift, or, like a frame or two "clunk" either horizontally or vertically. It seems to be happening a little more often as well now. I've sent Canon an email asking if this was a known issue, and their standard form email reply was to send it in to be repaired. I'd like to see if anyone has any info before I commit to sending my camera out and spend a lot of money in shipping and time. Thanks! Al

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Canon XL2 Lens
on Oct 24, 2009 at 3:42:30 am

I'm not sure about your problem, but am curious about one thing... do you have the lens stabilizer turned on? Or off? And does switching it make any difference?

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Al Kessel
Re: Canon XL2 Lens
on Oct 24, 2009 at 3:47:29 am

Hi Todd,
I have the stabilizer on, and it made no difference to switch it off, then back on. I did put my XL1S lens on the XL2 body, and have not noticed the same problem. Also, when I start the XL2 up with the 20X lens, it makes a clunking noise, like something is engaging. From other things I've read, this is normal. Is that right? Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]