FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advise on Canon XL H1A

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur Velly
Advise on Canon XL H1A
on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:52:06 am

Hi There,
Im looking at this camera and want to have your advise, on some specific point.

Battery,the one included wich life she have ? (i need normally around 180 min..).

Second , i ve actually a sony HVR A1U,wich i use on a tripod,and glidecam.Some of you use a glidecam with this cam ?(i know the all think will be haevy...)

Third.Some time i past the magic hour... low light for this cam ? (at the moment i m with a the cmos of the sony and it is terrible ion low light...)
Any additional info will be a precious help for me.thanks.
Arthur

Return to posts index

Conrad Wade
Re: Advise on Canon XL H1A
on Oct 23, 2009 at 9:17:11 pm

battery: buy a couple extras... nothing worse than not having enough power to complete the shoot (except for tape!) i got Impact brand from BH.. also, dont buy the ebay ones... they died on me. the battery meter works with Impact brand. i got the huge 970s. if you can afford the cam.. you should be able to spring for a couple extra bats.

low light: what are you planning on shooting? i.e. weddings? the automatic gain option should be turned off, and if your going to be shooting in very low light, crank the manual gain to where you need it. bottom line, with out light, your image will be dark OR it will be grainy. I prefer the low light performance over my old pd170.

good luck

Return to posts index

Arthur Velly
Re: Advise on Canon XL H1A
on Oct 24, 2009 at 4:50:47 am

Thanks for the good tips conrad,
Sincerly,
Arthur

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]