FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor crashes with Canon 7D footage

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro de la Fuente
Compressor crashes with Canon 7D footage
on Oct 21, 2009 at 9:59:57 am

Hi guys, any clues on why this happens? I am editing in a Quad core Mac pro. Everytime I try to convert more than lets say 10 clips from my Canon 7D on Compressor the software crashes.

This seems like a good workflow to me but these crashes might make the whole SLR experience a bit of a nightmare.

I know that this isnt a Compressor forum, but I am looking for the best worklflow to use with my new 7D.

Thanks a bunch.

http://www.pedrodelafuente.com

Return to posts index

marcel franck
Re: Compressor crashes with Canon 7D footage
on Oct 22, 2009 at 11:44:42 pm

Some of us are using mpeg streamclip software to convert to prores for editing in FCP...it's worked great for me with a 7d...

PRODUCER - DIRECTOR - EDITOR
CANON 7D 3.0 MBP 4GIGS RAM 1TB SONNET FUSION F2 ESATA
PPC G5 DUAL 2GIG, 6 GIGS RAM, AJA IO, 2TB SATA2
OS 10.4.11
FCP 7 & 6.0.5
Ae 6.5 CS3 Ps,Ai,Ae

Return to posts index

Andrew Hoag
on Sep 20, 2011 at 3:59:28 pm

Did anyone ever find a workaround on this? I have 50 clips, none longer than two minutes, and I can't even change one of the clips destination or settings without a 30 second wheel of death. If I even think about trying to apply settings to all the clips at once, Compressor crashes. This is a HUGE pain and although I just caught onto the EOS-1 plugin for FCP, I don't have the original files on my 7D anymore and can't use log & transfer to bypass Compressor. The only solution I can think of is burning all the files back to the CF card and reimporting with FCPs log and transfer, but I still would like to get the solution for Compressor. After all, Final Cut Studio is a pricey software package, so when things don't work the way they need to I get pretty frustrated.

I'm on a Mac Pro Quad Core with 8 gigs of ram, so I don't see how my system could be the problem.

Any ideas guys?

Return to posts index

Pedro de la Fuente
on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:06:36 pm

The work around is to use MPEGStreamclip . Great software and free. It will convert all your footage w no issues.

good luck

http://www.pedrodelafuente.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]