FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio recording options with 7D

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Audio recording options with 7D
on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:30:06 pm

Hey guys,

Just got my 7D yesterday and, well, it's pretty much killed any reason to keep my hvx200 w/ Letus. One of the few things I know I will need is a reliable way to record audio - and sync it.

Anyone care to share tips they use when recording audio with a 5D or 7D? I'm thinking of getting a Tascam digital recorder with xlr inputs, but unless I can get timecode from the 7D to match 'current' time, I'm not sure what the best way to achieve sync is other than doing it manually.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

marcel franck
Re: Audio recording options with 7D
on Oct 16, 2009 at 10:57:24 am

Most people are using old school double system....leave the camera mike on to record a scratch track...use your external digital recorder to record actual audio then synch using Pluraleyes software...check out phillip bloom website for extensive info on using the 7d...I've had mine about two weeks and have had good audio from the built in mike for just nat sound...i have a sony pcm-d50 digital audio recorder...also check out juicedlink audio adapters...lots of choices....
regards,
marcel

PRODUCER - DIRECTOR - EDITOR
PPC G5 DUAL 2GIG, 6 GIGS RAM, AJA IO, 2TB SATA2
OS 10.4.11
FCP 6.0.5
Ae 6.5 CS3 Ps,Ai,Ae

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Oct 16, 2009 at 10:21:54 pm

Thanks Marcel. I bought the Zoom H4n with the Readheaded Windscreen - the cute demo videos of the windscreen won me over. Pluraleyes looks great, btw. Can't wait to try it out!

Return to posts index

marcel franck
on Oct 19, 2009 at 12:16:40 pm

Good Luck John...let us know how it works for you!
marcel

PRODUCER - DIRECTOR - EDITOR
CANON 7D 3.0 MBP 4GIGS RAM 1TB SONNET FUSION F2 ESATA
PPC G5 DUAL 2GIG, 6 GIGS RAM, AJA IO, 2TB SATA2
OS 10.4.11
FCP 7 & 6.0.5
Ae 6.5 CS3 Ps,Ai,Ae

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]