FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XH-A1 broken playback

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeroen Daemen
Canon XH-A1 broken playback
on Oct 14, 2009 at 12:05:12 pm

Hey guys,

I'm working on a documentary and without ever having problems with my canon XH-A1, I now have quite a big problem with the playback on the camera.

I shot a couple of tapes in HD, 25F. About half of those tapes I imported yesterday as I always do. No problems. Now when I want to do the rest, I press play, the timecode starts to roll, but then freezes. The LCD screen remains blue and I still see the 'play-symbol', but there is no image.

I tried playing the tapes that I already loaded into FCP, but the same thing happens. Inserting a tape with SD material, it does play, but the image is completely messed up with little digital blocks.
Strangely, nothing happened to the camera or the tapes since I captured yesterday. I did not record any more material whatsoever. I did transport the camera, which might have led to some temperature differences, but I can't imaging that having this effect on the XH-A1.

I'm afraid somehow my player is messed up, do any of you have an idea what might be wrong with my camera? This problem might mess up my entire project..
Thanks in advance!

Jeroen Daemen

Return to posts index

Andy Lunn
Re: Canon XH-A1 broken playback
on Jan 9, 2010 at 6:12:15 pm

I am having the same problem with my xlh1 check the forum at the top.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]