FORUMS: list search recent posts

Living Abroad: What Camera?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rosie Walunas
Living Abroad: What Camera?
on Oct 3, 2009 at 3:16:06 pm

I'm going to be living abroad for four months and I'm planning on doing some shooting for fun, but definitely of good quality.

I'll be bringing my MacBook Pro, which only has about 10GB of room on it (even if I upgrade to SnowLeopard there won't be enough room to edit, and I can't delete anything).

CAMERA: I definitely want to get a Canon with Flash, but I am not sure which one, and I'm not sure how those files are integrated into Final Cut. How long does it take to log and transfer? Is any rendering needed?

AUDIO: I would like to get a BeachTec (spelling?) adaptor and a good shotgun michrophone. I have a Sony lavalier, which I will bring.

HARD DRIVE: Obvisouly I need a hard drive to store the files and edit from. I normally use LaCies with Firewire 800, but I'm thinking that's way too much to carry and travel with. So I was wondering how editing with a tiny phantom powered USB drive would work. Should I buy a second tiny drive to back up the files, not to edit from? What is the transfer and edit time like with USB on such drives? Would a company like G-Tech make a better USB powered drive?

TRIPOD: I'll be getting a tripod, and I think I can manage this purchase.

I think that's about it. Any suggestions would be helful!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]