FORUMS: list search recent posts

XHA1 Transfer Problems

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark cosson
XHA1 Transfer Problems
on Oct 2, 2009 at 10:14:32 pm

I bought a Canon XHA1 last December. While using it in March, I was panning a sled dog team going by and I had nothing but smear video...

Then in September, I went to dub Beta SP footage into the camera, BNC for video and the mini jack for audio. At first I was getting video but no audio. Then it quit dubbing altogether.... Then I tried to firewire into my MAC and all I got was the 'no communication' notice in the window (Final Cut Pro).

Now up until August this year (09), I had no difficulty doing either and the smear was not happening much.

I emailed Canon about the latter dubbing difficulties and they suggested I press the reset button next to the mic attn switch. Well, its not a 'switch' but a pin sized hole. I inserted a pin after removing the battery as suggested by Canon. Im not sure if the camera reset because nothing changed...

Does anybody have any suggestions before I pack it up and send it in for service???

hanks. Mark

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: XHA1 Transfer Problems
on Oct 4, 2009 at 9:15:13 am

Smear? What does that mean? Can you elaborate?

Return to posts index

Mark cosson
on Oct 4, 2009 at 3:39:05 pm

Smear as in the video literally smears across the viewfinder. Like a slow motion pan where everything slows down and follows itself. Sorta like special effects on documentaries when they are bridging between A or B roll.

Does this make sense?

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Oct 4, 2009 at 7:54:09 pm

Maybe you had NR1 active which will have a horrible "smear" but only on movement, but the way you make it sound it may be something serious altogether.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]