FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD or HDV for FCP?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Piscitelli
AVCHD or HDV for FCP?
on Sep 9, 2009 at 7:34:08 pm

Howdy, folks!

Saw similar posts, but nothing specific to my query: I will be purchasing a Canon camera and was wondering what you feel would be best for an end product on the big screen - hdv or avchd? My workflow is FCP6 into Color and Motion. Tape v solid state is no matter.

I've used HDV (from HV20) extensively and love it, but the lens of an HF-S10 seems to give a better image; but I haven't heard one kind word about editing avchd professionally. Which do you think would be best? Also, which of the two cameras (hv40 or HF-S10) should I go for to make short films to be shown on the big screen?

Thank you, ahead of time!

-Mike

Return to posts index

Nick 2746
Re: AVCHD or HDV for FCP?
on Sep 27, 2009 at 4:10:24 pm

If you are using FCP 6.0.2 or higher then you should not have any problem in editing it in FCP, so long as your Easy Setup is correct. I have been editing AVCHD format on my Mac and have no problems. The file size is huge but that is to be expected. You can choose which bits of the clips you want to import instead of importing all the clips and filling your hard drive!

When finished editing I export the Timeline to Compressor and the rest is like any other project.

Let me know if you have any specific question about editing in FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]