FORUMS: list search recent posts

XH-A1 Component Adapter?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Smith
XH-A1 Component Adapter?
on Sep 4, 2009 at 9:35:51 pm

Well got a last-minute change from client regarding type of projector they will be using for a live conference demo that I will shooting video AND sending a video feed to the projector for the audience to see on the big screen.

I was originally going to send the RGB/RCA connections to the projector component in...but the projectors delivered don't have the RGB/RCA inputs. They have S-Video / RCA Composite. They do have the mini D-Sub 15pin for PC/Component video AND the DVI-D/HDCP input.

I'm sure the composite will be okay as long as I can send it 16:9, but they were wanting as high-def as possible ( which I don't think it will be ). QUESTION IS: Is there a component adapter to take the component RCA to DVI-D? Or some other solution that allows me to use my camera for the projector inputs?

Thanks,

Chaz

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
Re: XH-A1 Component Adapter?
on Sep 5, 2009 at 11:07:38 pm

In my experience, as long as your source footage is of very high quality, the projector resolution and brightness are sufficient, the room is properly darkened, the screen is of appropriate size and type, then your video should look fine sent as s-video. There are a number of scalers on the market that can up-scale your video, at all different price points. A relatively modestly priced unit is the Kramer VP-415 which will take your composite or s-video input and scale it up and output on a DVI-I connector, so if you need DVI-D you'll also need an adapter plug or cable. But really, s-video should work fine.

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Sep 10, 2009 at 9:25:56 am

The only thing is, the A1 doesn't have S out... as lame as that sounds :-\

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Sep 11, 2009 at 1:03:51 am

oh, that sucks. Well the scaler will still take composite video in.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com

Return to posts index

Charles Smith
on Dec 12, 2009 at 11:35:22 pm

Well I found a "solution" at Fry's. Went to the computer adapter aisle and found an RGB to DVI interface. Worked fine. However the A/V coordinator had another projector that took component out which worked fine.

Thanks for the tips.

Return to posts index

Kevin Marchelak
on Dec 13, 2009 at 10:54:26 pm

Hi Charles

Email me on kmarchelak@hotmail.com

Ref your last post and possibly some of your others

Regards

Kevin

Kevin Marchelak
Swansea UK