FORUMS: list search recent posts

Microphone With GL2 --- Help!!

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harrison Houde
Microphone With GL2 --- Help!!
on Aug 29, 2009 at 3:16:16 pm

Ok, So I am wanting a Lavaliere Microphone for my Canon GL2. But of course I want it wireless, so I think I need a receiver and something. But Im not sure. Can someone give me some links to some good lavaliere microphones that work with a Canon GL2 and are wireless. A mic set would be perfect so I dont have to buy a receiver separately cause I have no clue what to buy for it to become wireless.

Return to posts index

cowcowcow
Joel Servetz
Re: Microphone With GL2 --- Help!!
on Aug 30, 2009 at 1:32:26 am

Go to the bhphoto.com website for B&H Photo, click on professional video and navigate to the listings for on-camera wireless mics. It depends on your budget. There are several good moderately priced choices from Azden, Samson, Sony & Sennheiser. Better quality stuff (1800 Series) from Audio Technica and Lectrosonics. All should come as complete sets. Make sure you buy an output cable with the mini-plug connection for your GL-2, or buy a Beachtek adapter for connection via an xlr.

Return to posts index

Harrison Houde
on Aug 30, 2009 at 1:42:52 am

Ok found one, If I bought this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/68054-REG/Audio_Technica_W88_13_829_W... would it connect to my Canon GL2? I am also getting this, I dont know if it helps but I am also getting a boom but this adapter might also work for my Lavalier. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/256059-REG/Canon_8032A002_MA_300_Dual...

Can you tell me If either 1. the mic works without an adapter
2. the adapter will allow me to use the lavalier
3. I need a different adapter (and please tell me what adapter I need)

Thanks

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Aug 30, 2009 at 2:02:45 pm

You would only need the adapter if you intend to use an xlr connecting cable and/or want to combine it with a good quality shotgun microphone. If your intention is to just use the wireless mic kit as is, then you don't need the adapter at all, just a mini plug to mini plug connecting cable. I didn't see that it was included, so you should buy one separately, either from B&H or any Radio Shack. Plugging it in to your camcorder's external mic jack will disconnect the internal mic in favor of the wireless. You haven't said what your purpose is. Are you using the GL-2 for any professional use, or just good home movies. If just for personal use, that wireless kit will be fine. If you have more serious professional uses in mind, you really should consider something better, preferably something in the UHF band that is frequency agile and with a diversity receiver. Samson has a system that is inexpensive and does a great job.

Return to posts index

Harrison Houde
on Aug 30, 2009 at 3:21:22 pm

I want prosumer, more on the professinal side. My biudget is 200 though. Can you post some links to a good microphone and the adapater I need. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Aug 30, 2009 at 11:17:28 pm

If your budget is $200, then you've probably found the best bang for the buck in that Audio Technica unit. No adapter needed, just an inexpensive (a few bucks) mini plug to mini plug cable, less than 12"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]