FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XL2 Tape Eject Problem

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arbee Faith Sagpang
Canon XL2 Tape Eject Problem
on Aug 26, 2009 at 4:04:06 am

Hi! I've been searching the forum for posts that would address my problem but I can't find any that could come close.

Here's the problem:
Lately, we've been having trouble with our XL2's tape eject mechanism. When I press the eject button, nothing happens, the carriage does not go to its usual process to open up. It seems like I have to repeat pushing the eject button a lot of times before it could open up.

Three weeks ago, the XL2 failed me in the middle of a live show and I wasn't able to shoot the rest of the performances (for that night) because the tape (which was already full) got stuck. And now, as I'm about to start capturing the tapes, the deck just won't open up though it's empty. And I've been working up this up for 2 days now.

Now my question is this: Is there something I can do to fix this problem myself, in the fastest possible way?

It would have been easier to bring the camera to a canon service center, but I'm afraid that it would take a long time before it gets fixed. We had a digital camera sent to the service center months ago but sad to say, it's still in the service center til now.

I really need a quick fix for this one because we don't have a tape deck and we're using the XL2 for capturing.

Any solution? I would really appreciate your help with this.
Thanks and God bless!

God bless you!
Canon XL2; MacPro OS X 2.66 Dual Core Intel Xeon, 3GB 667 MHz DDR2

Return to posts index

William Busby
Re: Canon XL2 Tape Eject Problem
on Aug 26, 2009 at 9:49:23 am

I don't have a solution for you other than a service center trip, but for now you could just use an inexpensive dv camcorder as a source feeder for your NLE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]