FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon FS21 video capture software with Mac OS

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Mangini
Canon FS21 video capture software with Mac OS
on Aug 25, 2009 at 2:15:21 am

I have a Canon FS21 Video Camera. The supplied software to import still images is compatible with Mac OS. However the software for importing video, is only Windows compatible.

The camera is recording in 16:9, and iMovie will import the footage, but when the footage is then imported into a Final Cut Express sequence that is set to Pal Anamorphic it is squished into a 4:3 format.

When looking at the properties of the footage that has been imported via iMovie, it says it is 720 x 576 footage, although in iMovie the project and footage are viewing as a widescreen image.

1. is there some other way if importing footage from the camera with mac compatible software for the Canon FS21?

2. Is there a way of fixing the footage imported by iMovie, then brought into Final Cut, that is squished into a 4:3 format?

Return to posts index

Leonie Jennings
Re: Canon FS21 video capture software with Mac OS
on Aug 25, 2009 at 10:19:51 am

Hi - I have been thinking of buying this same camcorder and have a MAC. I will be interested to know if resolved. Camera shop guy indicated needed imovie 09 - which i have. Are you using 08 or 09? Cheers

Return to posts index

Lisa Mangini
Re: Canon FS21 video capture software with Mac OS
on Aug 27, 2009 at 2:01:04 am

I have imovie 09 and that imports the footage from the camera. Haven't got a fix on squishy footage yet re: Final Cut. Will post if and when I do :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]