FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help!! Canon Vixia HF S100

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Phongphachone
Help!! Canon Vixia HF S100
on Aug 14, 2009 at 2:21:34 pm

Hello! This is my first post on this site.

I am currently on vacation in Disney and using a Canon Vixia HF S100. I bought it last week and did not have the time to read the entire instruction book. I am recording in 24mps and in 30 FPS into a SD card. I would then download the images and clips to the provided Pixela program. I am using my laptop, Windows Vista.

So far, the transfer process went smoothly. My great concern is the JERKY PICTURE playback in the ImageMixer 3 player! I've also created separate files under " library " and it is still jerky. The image quality and video quality are stunning. The audio appears to be in order.

What is the problem? Is it my laptop? Is this temporary until I burn it to a disc?? Is there a fix to this? Obviously, I hope I did not buy a broken camera and is using it on vacation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Bugsy Birdswell
Re: Help!! Canon Vixia HF S100
on Aug 16, 2009 at 11:26:57 am

Imagemixer by Pixela does not work at a satisfactory level. The video is fine, try to download SMPLAYER for Windows. It is an open source software. This will be able to play the .MOD files from the camera. If you have an SD card reader, you can copy the files from the SD card to the computer, this will be faster than importing via Imagemixer. If you want to edit, there are video editing software which use the SMPLAYER engine.

The MOD file format used by Canon follows the same format used by JVC for their hard-disk cameras, among other camera manufacturers. Linux has more tools to play this format, as well as to edit the videos. Maybe because of the open-source community support.

Enjoy the camera, I have a Canon SD camera myself and I am very happy with it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]