FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon HV40 died while digitizing

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gonzalo Accame
Canon HV40 died while digitizing
on Aug 7, 2009 at 2:12:24 am

Our Canon HV40 was being used while digitizing and froze and then shut off. It was being powered by AC supply and it was plugged in to a UPS.

It will not turn on and the tape is still in the camera. My other 3 cameras are working fine. We bought them 8 days ago. Is there a reset button? Has anyone had this problem?

gaccame

Return to posts index

Greg Reid
Re: Canon HV40 died while digitizing
on Jun 14, 2012 at 6:57:40 am

Hi, my Canon HV40 died at a wedding reception. Luckily, I had been shooting some of it with a DSLR camera & fished it up with that. Sent it in the MYK Camcorder Repair & it was a blown fuse but the repair cost about $150 (included return shipping) & that was the quote I got from other places also but MYK was closer (Chicago area). Jon is very good & fast, I overnighted the camera and he found the problem & a few more things that he could fix the camera to be like new again & emailed pics of the camera as he worked on it too. Highly recommended! Just a few days total. I also had the last tape I was shooting inside the camera & he offered to just get the tape out of I couldn't afford the repairs & held off on doing anything until I decided. I couldn't think of a better experience & someone that knows the HV40 inside & out. I decided I'd pay the $150 so I could get back to work instead of just getting the footage, which I didn't have any other way to transfer besides buying a tape unit for the same price, or paying someone to do it & still needing to get the repair done at some point.

Return to posts index

Greg Reid
Re: Canon HV40 died while digitizing
on Jun 14, 2012 at 7:05:55 am

Hi, my Canon HV40 died at a wedding reception. Luckily, I had been shooting some of it with a DSLR camera & fished it up with that. Sent it in the MYK Camcorder Repair & it was a blown fuse but the repair cost about $150 (included return shipping) & that was the quote I got from other places also but MYK was closer (Chicago area). Jon is very good & fast, I overnighted the camera and he found the problem & a few more things that he could fix the camera to be like new again & emailed pics of the camera as he worked on it too. Highly recommended! Just a few days total. I also had the last tape I was shooting inside the camera & he offered to just get the tape out of I couldn't afford the repairs & held off on doing anything until I decided. With him immediately getting to work & sending it back quickly after repairs, I couldn't think of a better experience & someone that knows the HV40 inside & out. I decided I'd pay the $150 so I could get back to work instead of just getting the footage, which I didn't have any other way to transfer besides buying a tape unit for the same price, or paying someone to do it & still needing to get the repair done at some point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]