FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need advice on a new camera purchase . . .

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Pass
I need advice on a new camera purchase . . .
on Jun 23, 2009 at 7:47:59 am

I have been an editor for almost 3 years, but have tried to stay away from filming myself because I haven't had the money to invest in equipment. I am now at the point where my work will require me to film my own footage.

I do a lot of contract work for churches, bands, etc. and I am also beginning to tape depositions for law firms.

My budget is between $4-6k. Because of the deposition work and the importance of the format not failing, and problems I've had in the past with DV tapes, I would like to use something more reliable than tapes if it exists.

I am new to cameras and am unaware of what is the top in the market that's going to be in my price range. can anyone point me in the right direction?

-Chris

Return to posts index

Trey Gregory
Re: I need advice on a new camera purchase . . .
on Jun 23, 2009 at 2:52:14 pm

Chris-
I have also been burned by shooting to DV tapes. Check into P2 cameras. The Panasonic HVX200 is by far the most requested of the flash based cameras. We shoot with it often and are very pleased with the results.

Trey Gregory
ECG Productions - Atlanta
HD Production and Post
http://www.ecgprod.com

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Jun 23, 2009 at 9:30:34 pm

Sony EX1

Return to posts index

Harrison Houde
on Aug 4, 2009 at 6:05:28 pm

I would say check out the Panasonics line of P2 cards. Thats what I am gonna get when I save up enough.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]