FORUMS: list search recent posts

Comsumer camcorder suggestions for professional video

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Cornelisse
Comsumer camcorder suggestions for professional video
on Jun 18, 2009 at 5:41:22 pm

I'm looking for suggestions on consumer-grade HD camcorders that might be able to stand up to professional demands.

I have a small media company and I'm expanding our services to include video. Our primary focus is on Internet video advertising, podcasts, and the possibility of marketing videos for display at trade shows. We're exploring these new services and would prefer consumer-grade cameras (cost) until we get a feel for the market.

Our filming will be on location and mostly outside during daylight hours. Subjects will range from people to wildlife and scenic views including a fair amount of time around bodies of water.

I've been considering Canon HD camcorders since my overall impression from reviews has been good. More specifically, I've been getting a sense that the HG10 is a tried and true camera. And, that newer models have been somewhat downgraded by a decrease in lens/aperture size as a result of Canon trying to make the camera more compact.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm not stuck on Canon either.

Thank you,
Gary

Return to posts index

todd nader
Re: Comsumer camcorder suggestions for professional video
on Aug 7, 2009 at 2:52:02 pm

gary,
I am in the same boat-did you end up pulling the trigger? If so what camcorder did you get and are you happy with the product?
Thanks,
Todd

Return to posts index

Gary Cornelisse
Re: Comsumer camcorder suggestions for professional video
on Aug 7, 2009 at 5:23:35 pm

Todd,

I decided to get the Canon HG10. I got it from Abe's of Maine. To be honest, I haven't really put the camera through it's paces yet. Other projects have consumed my time. However, this camera seems to be very capable and it has a standard camera shoe on top for accessories. Hopefully I'll have a chance over the next month to use it more.

Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]