FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon camcorders and Imovie

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cameron
Canon camcorders and Imovie
on Jun 17, 2009 at 1:35:46 am

I need to move into tapeless digital video recording, I prefer Canon. I am editing on iMovie, What cameras will give me problem free importing into iMovie HD - (that's the old interface iMovie) that do not shoot onto a tape?

Return to posts index

Jesus Ali
Re: Canon camcorders and Imovie
on Jun 17, 2009 at 4:28:10 pm

Check BHPhoto.com, click Camcorders, then on the left column you can click on Canon and narrow down your search to CANON and Flash Memory. I recommend against Hard Drive cameras. If the drive dies, the camera's dead. Flash memory is better.

In Standard Def there is the FS100 and now the FS200, those are even at Walmart.

I think the more advanced, but still SD are the FS11 and FS21, I don't know anything about those...

The HF S10, HF11 and HF21 can each record to TWO Flash memory cards. I guess this is good if you want to buy small size cards... but an 8GB or 16GB card holds HOURS and HOURS of the highest quality footage these cameras can make.

The single card versions are the HF S100 and the HF200.

B&H Descriptions can fill you in on the majority of the details.

FYI, you will need a FAST and recent Intel Mac to effectively decode these advanced AVC MPEG-4 codecs. G5's won't cut it, because the footage is compressed so tightly.

Good luck,

jesus

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]