I'm not sure what the problem is but when using my MA-100 I'm getting 100% in the right channel and barely anything in the left...like almost nothing. I don't know what the issue is since I've used it many times before. Does anyone else have this issue?
I worked at a company up in Boston that used XL-1's w/ MA-100's attached. The MA-100s broke more often than any other piece of equipment. This wasn't from any particular rough usage, they just broke all the time, and we OFTEN had to send them out to get repaired. The issue was usually that 1 or both of the channels just stopped working.
I'm no electrical engineer, but those devices seemed poorly made.
I had to replace my MA-100 after a few years. I traced the problem to the connecting cable, as the connection was clearly intermittent with movement of the cable. I don't know if there are any other issues with this device. So far, so good with my replacement over the past couple of years. I also had to replace my charger/ac adapter as it simply went dead.