FORUMS: list search recent posts

ENG with Canon XHA1

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Noerdlinger
ENG with Canon XHA1
on May 3, 2009 at 6:12:11 am

Has anybody ever tried to use a Canon XHA1's to do freelance ENG. I am curious if it is possible to use HDV format and still get the media to a news station in time for broadcast a few hours after filming. I am wondering if anybody knows what type of format the news stations want. Are quicktime movies in H264 fine or some other export choice from FCP. Should I shoot in 1080i60 or 30 and should it be 1/48 shutter speed? So many questions kinda sound stupid but maybe somebody could help. The workflow is worrying me a bit. I need to shoot for three or four hours with two cameras, capture a few sections where the celebrities are, then get it to the news stations. The PR company i will be hired by might have a fiber optics network i can plug my macbook pro into for media output. I will be using a intel core duo 2.2 mhz macbook pro, 4 gigs ram, and the newest fcp to do it with. Also any suggestions on how to notate while filming, the important timecode spots when the celebrities are in it etc.
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]