FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XL2 3X lens spots

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robb Thompson
Canon XL2 3X lens spots
on May 1, 2009 at 7:17:45 pm

I recently bought a used XL2 that came with 3 lenses. I just noticed that on some footage I took with the 3x lens that there are some spots in areas, almost like the lens is dirty. I tried my other lenses, a 20x and a manual 14x and they have the same issue, just not as bad. I took the 3x to a couple places that said the lens is fine and couldn't explain the phenomenon (although they did not take the lens apart to look inside). The second place, who also rents camera's, took a look at their own XL2's, XL1's, and a Canon HD model and said that they could actually duplicate the phenomenon with their lenses and their cameras. Has anyone had any problems with this. The spots occur mostly in high light situations and when the lens is at full wide. I can then actually focus on or off of the spots. I wanted to see if this was happening with anyone else's lenses, or if they could duplicate it before I contact Canon. I'll try to provide a link to the footage when I can. Or if anyone is interested in seeing it, I can e-mail it to them (it's about 18mb's).

Thanks

Robb Thompson
rdthomp2@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]