FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon GL2 and lavaliere microphones for it

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Reynolds
Canon GL2 and lavaliere microphones for it
on Apr 28, 2009 at 8:35:58 pm

I am currently using a Canon GL2 for my mid-range productions and I am looking to use a lavaliere microphone for it. Can any of you pro's here in this forum recommend a decent mid-range lavaliere microphone best suited for this video camera? And what to look out for on this particular camera. I'm familiar with the ATT settings and the fact that I will be going from an XLR to mini plug hookup. Thanks

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Canon GL2 and lavaliere microphones for it
on Apr 28, 2009 at 11:43:34 pm

This model of Sennheiser wireless will work well with your camera and is a low to mid-level price range. It comes with a wireless receiver to mini-plug (3/8") adapter for the side of your GL2. Keep in mind that using the alternate mini-plug connection on the camera will disable the on board stereo mic. Don't use the camera's Mic ATT setting with the Sennheiser setup - just the regular mic setting will be fine and adjust the wireless signal accordingly.

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/professional_wireless...

- Don

Return to posts index

John Reynolds
on Apr 29, 2009 at 12:33:50 am

Thank you so much Don for your reply. I'll check the link out. Really appreciate your help. And yes I want the stereo on board mic disabled. I don't like it anyways. :-)

Thanks again!

John

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on May 10, 2009 at 5:44:17 pm

Hi Don,

I have the set up that your presently talking about with one lav, one transmitter and one receiver with the beachtek adapter. When using a second lav, what exactly do you need to record lav #1 and lav #2 when your doing field work as in weddings? Can both lavs be on the same frequency or are they on separate frequencies? I never used 2 lavs together before, that why I ask.

Thanks,
Ralph Hajik

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on May 10, 2009 at 6:15:12 pm

[Ralph Hajik] "Can both lavs be on the same frequency or are they on separate frequencies? I never used 2 lavs together before, that why I ask. "

Hi Ralph,

As far as the Sennheiser EW100 ENG systems are concerned, each lav has to have its own transmitter and receiver. These 'entry level' systems don't have the capacity to receive 2 separate frequencies like some of the higher end systems do.

- Don

Return to posts index

Ralph Hajik
on May 11, 2009 at 2:14:15 am

Hi Don,

Thanks for yout informatiom.

Ralph

Return to posts index

judy gelles
on Jun 25, 2009 at 2:50:16 am

I have a Canon GL2. Is it possible to use a wireless and shotgun mic system at the same tim?
I tried, and I think I just got the shotgun and not the wireless. Is there a setting on the camera to choose the type of microphone you are using? I think the shotgun cancelled out the wireless.
Judy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]