FORUMS: list search recent posts

What to do with the GL2?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Meehan
What to do with the GL2?
on Apr 23, 2009 at 3:21:03 pm

Hello all,
I've been doing some research on new cameras coming out, and I've really become interested in the JVC GY-HM100U. My question for the experts here is this: I currently run my Canon GL2 for all of my student films/videography purposes, and I was wondering if you all think it is safe to say that the JVC GY-HM100U could completely replace my GL2. If i were to get the new camera, I would be selling my GL2 (which I love, but in many ways it seems that this new guy is going to outperform it in every way), so I was curious if you all thought this was an acceptable plan of action?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Trey Gregory
Re: What to do with the GL2?
on Apr 23, 2009 at 5:51:25 pm

Based on the stats page I checked out the JVC can definitely do whatever your GL2 can do and more. GL2's are awesome cameras, but are quite out dated, once you get your new camera, you won't even remember your GL2.

Trey Gregory
ECG Productions - Atlanta
HD Production and Post
http://www.ecgprod.com

Return to posts index

Todd Roush
Re: What to do with the GL2?
on May 9, 2009 at 9:34:46 am

You may discover as I did that DV cameras VASTLY outperform most HDV camcorders which I think the unit you are mentioning is.

Not sure what you can get for a cam like that anymore but we do have to do forward.

Funny, the audio quality of our music is getting worse and worse...video is worse than film.....but it's new and easy so we go with it.

Funny world in that regard but people are more into fast than good generally and there are logical reasons for that.

Tough decision but you can always buy another one if you miss it too much.

Best,

Todd

Todd Roush
Dreamscape Digital Media
Canon XH-A1's - Dell Studio XPS i7, 920, 2.66 gig,6 gigs RAM (soon to be 12) 650 gig SATA, 1TB eSATA external, 3TB USB(storage). 512gig ATI video card, 28" HannsG Monitor, 24" Dell Monitor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]